November 1, 2016
SPRINGFIELD, Mo., Nov. 2, 2016 — Drury University Panthers and Southwest Baptist University Bearcats are battling to raise money in the third annual Bank of Bolivar Catfight Giving Challenge. Alumni and donors are urged to raise $13,000 for their respective school in the days leading up to the annual Catfight men’s and women’s basketball games on Nov. 15 at the O’Reilly Family Event Center at Drury.
Donations toward the challenge can begin today. Bank of Bolivar is the sponsor of this year’s challenge and will be a partner until 2018.
“The Bank of Bolivar Catfight Giving Challenge has become another layer of friendly rivalry between Drury and SBU,” said Andrea Battaglia, Director of Annual Giving & Alumni Relations. “This is a great competition between schools and in the end, students at both universities will benefit from the scholarship donations raised.”
Drury University will host a tailgate event to build support for the basketball teams and the Giving Challenge at 4:30 p.m., Nov. 15, before the start of the women’s game at 5:30 p.m. The men’s game begins at 7:30 p.m.
Donations will continue to be accepted through half time at the men’s basketball game. Drury alumni and friends can give at https://alumni.drury.edu/catfight. All Drury donations benefit the Drury Experience Fund, which is an effort to raise $1.5 million in annual scholarship and financial aid support for students with limited financial resources. Gifts to the Drury Experience Fund will:
- Increase the number of students who receive financial support.
- Provide engaged learning experiences and leadership development opportunities for students.
- Create opportunities for students to continue their education and improve their desired skills.
- Provide professional connections and skills development for students.
- Award stipends for field research, classroom travel and business partnerships.
- Provide on-site, real-world, engaged learning and professional development for students.
Media Contact: Andrea Battaglia, Director of Annual Giving & Alumni Relations – (417) 873-7353 or firstname.lastname@example.org.